Click edit button to change this text.
NRS 484B.403 When U-turns are authorized and prohibited; additional penalty for violation committed in work zone or pedestrian safety zone.
1. A U-turn may be made on any road where the turn can be made with safety, except as prohibited by this section and by the provisions of NRS 484B.227, 484B.363 and 484B.407.
2. If an official traffic-control device indicates that a U-turn is prohibited, the driver shall obey the directions of the device.
3. The driver of a vehicle shall not make a U-turn in a business district, except at an intersection or on a divided highway where an appropriate opening or crossing place exists.
4. Notwithstanding the foregoing provisions of this section, local authorities and the Department of Transportation may prohibit U-turns at any location within their respective jurisdictions.
5. A person who violates any provision of this section may be subject to any additional penalty set forth in NRS 484B.130 or 484B.135.
(Added to NRS by 1969, 1498; A 1971, 1142; 1991, 247; 2003, 3241; 2015, 1576) — (Substituted in revision for NRS 484.337)