Click edit button to change this text.
NRS 484B.300 Obedience to devices for control of traffic; exceptions; placement of devices; additional penalty for violation committed in work zone or pedestrian safety zone.
1. Except as otherwise provided in NRS 484B.307, it is unlawful for any driver to disobey the instructions of any official traffic-control device placed in accordance with the provisions of chapters 484A to 484E, inclusive, of NRS, unless at the time otherwise directed by a police officer.
2. No provision of chapters 484A to 484E, inclusive, of NRS for which such devices are required may be enforced against an alleged violator if at the time and place of the alleged violation the device is not in proper position and sufficiently legible to be seen by an ordinarily observant person. Whenever a particular provision of chapters 484A to 484E, inclusive, of NRS does not state that such devices are required, the provision is effective even though no devices are erected or in place.
3. Whenever devices are placed in position approximately conforming to the requirements of chapters 484A to 484E, inclusive, of NRS, such devices are presumed to have been so placed by the official act or direction of a public authority, unless the contrary is established by competent evidence.
4. Any device placed pursuant to the provisions of chapters 484A to 484E, inclusive, of NRS and purporting to conform to the lawful requirements pertaining to such devices is presumed to comply with the requirements of chapters 484A to 484E, inclusive, of NRS unless the contrary is established by competent evidence.
5. A person who violates any provision of subsection 1 may be subject to any additional penalty set forth in NRS 484B.130 or 484B.135.
(Added to NRS by 1969, 1489; A 2003, 3237; 2013, 428; 2015, 1568) — (Substituted in revision for NRS 484.278)
Types of Tickets we Handle
Traffic Ticket? Speeding Ticket? Need help with something below?
- Aggressive driving
- Boulder City Justice Court Traffic Tickets
- Boulder City Municipal Court Traffic Tickets
- Bunkerville Justice Court Traffic Tickets
- Commercial driver’s license tickets
- Careless driving
- Disobeying a signal
- Disobeying a sign
- Disregarding a red light
- Disregarding a stop sign
- Driver License Suspended
- Driver License Revoked
- Driving with a suspended license
- Driving under the influence
- Exhibition of Power
- Failure to Yield
- Failure to appear in court
- Failure to control speed
- Following too closely
- Goodsprings Justice Court Traffic Tickets
- Henderson Traffic Tickets
- Laughlin Justice Court Traffic Tickets
- Las Vegas Justice Court Traffic Tickets
- Las Vegas Municipal Court Traffic Tickets
- Las Vegas speeding ticket
- Metro Police Traffic Tickets
- Minor in possession of alcohol
- Moving violations
- Nevada Highway Patrol / NHP
- North Las Vegas Traffic Tickets
- North Las Vegas Justice Court Traffic Tickets
- North Las Vegas Municipal Court Traffic Tickets
- No child safety seat
- No liability insurance
- No Proof Of Insurance
- No Registration
- No seat belt
- No U-turn
- Obey traffic control devices
- Open container of alcohol
- Passing stopped school bus
- Racing (exhibition of speed)
- Reckless driving
- Talking on Cell Phone
- Texting While Driving
- Tinted windows
- Traffic accident
- Traffic citation
- Traffic violations
- Traffic Warrant
- Unpaid traffic tickets
- Vehicle inspection violations
- Warrant issue for arrest