Click edit button to change this text.
NRS 486.351 Unlawful passing; driving abreast; prohibition on driving in extreme left lane; exceptions.
1. A person, except a police officer in the performance of his or her duty, shall not drive a motorcycle or moped between moving or stationary vehicles occupying adjacent traffic lanes.
2. Except as provided in subsection 3, a person shall not drive a motorcycle, moped or trimobile abreast of or overtake or pass another vehicle within the same traffic lane.
3. Motorcycles and mopeds may, with the consent of the drivers, be operated no more than two abreast in a single traffic lane.
4. A person, except a police officer in the performance of his or her duty, driving a moped shall, except:
(a) When preparing to turn left as provided in subsection 5;
(b) When doing so would not be safe; or
(c) In compliance with the directions of a police officer,
Ê drive in the extreme right-hand lane if the highway has two or more clearly marked lanes for traffic traveling in the same direction in which the driver is traveling.
5. A person driving a moped as required pursuant to subsection 4 who is preparing to turn left may enter the lane from which the left turn will be made not more than one-quarter of a mile from where the left turn will be made.
(Added to NRS by 1971, 1470; A 1975, 1084; 1979, 857; 2017, 629)