Click edit button to change this text.
NRS 484B.553 Obedience to signal indicating approach of railroad train or other on-track equipment.
1. Whenever any person driving a vehicle approaches a railroad grade crossing and a clearly visible official traffic-control or railroad device gives warning of the immediate approach of a train or other on-track equipment, the driver of such vehicle shall stop within 50 feet but not less than 15 feet from the nearest track of such railroad and shall not proceed until the driver can do so safely. The foregoing requirements shall apply when:
(a) A clearly visible electric or mechanical signal device gives warning of the immediate approach of a railroad train or other on-track equipment.
(b) A crossing gate is lowered or when a flagger gives or continues to give a signal of the approach or passage of a railroad train or other on-track equipment.
(c) A railroad train or other on-track equipment approaching within approximately 1,500 feet of the highway crossing emits a signal audible from such distance and such railroad train or other on-track equipment, by reason of its speed or nearness to such crossing, is an immediate hazard.
(d) An approaching railroad train or other on-track equipment is plainly visible and is in hazardous proximity to such crossing.
2. A person shall not drive any vehicle through, around or under any crossing gate or barrier at a railroad crossing while such gate or barrier is closed or is being opened or closed.
(Added to NRS by 1969, 1493; A 2019, 342) — (Substituted in revision for NRS 484.349)
Types of Tickets we Handle
Traffic Ticket? Speeding Ticket? Need help with something below?
- Aggressive driving
- Boulder City Justice Court Traffic Tickets
- Boulder City Municipal Court Traffic Tickets
- Bunkerville Justice Court Traffic Tickets
- Commercial driver’s license tickets
- Careless driving
- Disobeying a signal
- Disobeying a sign
- Disregarding a red light
- Disregarding a stop sign
- Driver License Suspended
- Driver License Revoked
- Driving with a suspended license
- Driving under the influence
- Exhibition of Power
- Failure to Yield
- Failure to appear in court
- Failure to control speed
- Following too closely
- Goodsprings Justice Court Traffic Tickets
- Henderson Traffic Tickets
- Laughlin Justice Court Traffic Tickets
- Las Vegas Justice Court Traffic Tickets
- Las Vegas Municipal Court Traffic Tickets
- Las Vegas speeding ticket
- Metro Police Traffic Tickets
- Minor in possession of alcohol
- Moving violations
- Nevada Highway Patrol / NHP
- North Las Vegas Traffic Tickets
- North Las Vegas Justice Court Traffic Tickets
- North Las Vegas Municipal Court Traffic Tickets
- No child safety seat
- No liability insurance
- No Proof Of Insurance
- No Registration
- No seat belt
- No U-turn
- Obey traffic control devices
- Open container of alcohol
- Passing stopped school bus
- Racing (exhibition of speed)
- Reckless driving
- Talking on Cell Phone
- Texting While Driving
- Tinted windows
- Traffic accident
- Traffic citation
- Traffic violations
- Traffic Warrant
- Unpaid traffic tickets
- Vehicle inspection violations
- Warrant issue for arrest