Click edit button to change this text.
NRS 484B.217 Zones in which overtaking on left side or making left-hand turn prohibited; exceptions; additional penalty for violation committed in work zone or pedestrian safety zone.
1. The Department of Transportation with respect to highways constructed under the authority of chapter 408 of NRS, and local authorities with respect to highways under their jurisdiction, may determine those zones of highways where overtaking and passing to the left or making a left-hand turn would be hazardous, and may by the erection of official traffic-control devices indicate such zones. When such devices are in place and clearly visible to an ordinarily observant person, every driver of a vehicle shall obey the directions thereof.
2. Except as otherwise provided in subsections 3 and 4, a driver shall not drive on the left side of the highway within such zone or drive across or on the left side of any pavement striping designed to mark such zone throughout its length.
3. A driver may drive across a pavement striping marking such zone to an adjoining highway if the driver has first given the appropriate turn signal and there will be no impediment to oncoming or following traffic.
4. Except where otherwise provided, a driver may drive across a pavement striping marking such a zone to make a left-hand turn if the driver has first given the appropriate turn signal in compliance with NRS 484B.413, if it is safe and if it would not be an impediment to oncoming or following traffic.
5. A person who violates any provision of this section may be subject to any additional penalty set forth in NRS 484B.130 or 484B.135.
(Added to NRS by 1969, 1489; A 1973, 1325; 1979, 1804; 2003, 3240; 2015, 1565) — (Substituted in revision for NRS 484.301)
Types of Tickets we Handle
Traffic Ticket? Speeding Ticket? Need help with something below?
- Aggressive driving
- Boulder City Justice Court Traffic Tickets
- Boulder City Municipal Court Traffic Tickets
- Bunkerville Justice Court Traffic Tickets
- Commercial driver’s license tickets
- Careless driving
- Disobeying a signal
- Disobeying a sign
- Disregarding a red light
- Disregarding a stop sign
- Driver License Suspended
- Driver License Revoked
- Driving with a suspended license
- Driving under the influence
- Exhibition of Power
- Failure to Yield
- Failure to appear in court
- Failure to control speed
- Following too closely
- Goodsprings Justice Court Traffic Tickets
- Henderson Traffic Tickets
- Laughlin Justice Court Traffic Tickets
- Las Vegas Justice Court Traffic Tickets
- Las Vegas Municipal Court Traffic Tickets
- Las Vegas speeding ticket
- Metro Police Traffic Tickets
- Minor in possession of alcohol
- Moving violations
- Nevada Highway Patrol / NHP
- North Las Vegas Traffic Tickets
- North Las Vegas Justice Court Traffic Tickets
- North Las Vegas Municipal Court Traffic Tickets
- No child safety seat
- No liability insurance
- No Proof Of Insurance
- No Registration
- No seat belt
- No U-turn
- Obey traffic control devices
- Open container of alcohol
- Passing stopped school bus
- Racing (exhibition of speed)
- Reckless driving
- Talking on Cell Phone
- Texting While Driving
- Tinted windows
- Traffic accident
- Traffic citation
- Traffic violations
- Traffic Warrant
- Unpaid traffic tickets
- Vehicle inspection violations
- Warrant issue for arrest