Click edit button to change this text.
NRS 484B.217 Zones in which overtaking on left side or making left-hand turn prohibited; exceptions; additional penalty for violation committed in work zone or pedestrian safety zone.
1. The Department of Transportation with respect to highways constructed under the authority of chapter 408 of NRS, and local authorities with respect to highways under their jurisdiction, may determine those zones of highways where overtaking and passing to the left or making a left-hand turn would be hazardous, and may by the erection of official traffic-control devices indicate such zones. When such devices are in place and clearly visible to an ordinarily observant person, every driver of a vehicle shall obey the directions thereof.
2. Except as otherwise provided in subsections 3 and 4, a driver shall not drive on the left side of the highway within such zone or drive across or on the left side of any pavement striping designed to mark such zone throughout its length.
3. A driver may drive across a pavement striping marking such zone to an adjoining highway if the driver has first given the appropriate turn signal and there will be no impediment to oncoming or following traffic.
4. Except where otherwise provided, a driver may drive across a pavement striping marking such a zone to make a left-hand turn if the driver has first given the appropriate turn signal in compliance with NRS 484B.413, if it is safe and if it would not be an impediment to oncoming or following traffic.
5. A person who violates any provision of this section may be subject to any additional penalty set forth in NRS 484B.130 or 484B.135.
(Added to NRS by 1969, 1489; A 1973, 1325; 1979, 1804; 2003, 3240; 2015, 1565) — (Substituted in revision for NRS 484.301)