Click edit button to change this text.
NRS 484B.210 When overtaking on right side allowed; additional penalty for violation committed in work zone or pedestrian safety zone.
1. The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass upon the right of another vehicle only under the following conditions:
(a) When the driver of the vehicle overtaken is making or signaling to make a left turn.
(b) Upon a highway with unobstructed pavement which is not occupied by parked vehicles and which is of sufficient width for two or more lines of moving vehicles in each direction.
(c) Upon a highway with unobstructed pavement which is not marked as a traffic lane and which is not occupied by parked vehicles, if the vehicle that is overtaking and passing another vehicle:
(1) Does not travel more than 200 feet in the section of pavement not marked as a traffic lane; or
(2) While being driven in the section of pavement not marked as a traffic lane, does not travel through an intersection or past any private way that is used to enter or exit the highway.
(d) Upon any highway on which traffic is restricted to one direction of movement, where the highway is free from obstructions and of sufficient width for two or more lines of moving vehicles.
2. The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass another vehicle upon the right only under conditions permitting such movement in safety.
3. The driver of a vehicle shall not overtake and pass another vehicle upon the right when such movement requires driving off the paved portion of the highway.
4. A person who violates any provision of this section may be subject to any additional penalty set forth in NRS 484B.130 or 484B.135.
(Added to NRS by 1969, 1499; A 2003, 3239; 2009, 153; 2015, 1564) — (Substituted in revision for NRS 484.297)
Types of Tickets we Handle
Traffic Ticket? Speeding Ticket? Need help with something below?
- Aggressive driving
- Boulder City Justice Court Traffic Tickets
- Boulder City Municipal Court Traffic Tickets
- Bunkerville Justice Court Traffic Tickets
- Commercial driver’s license tickets
- Careless driving
- Disobeying a signal
- Disobeying a sign
- Disregarding a red light
- Disregarding a stop sign
- Driver License Suspended
- Driver License Revoked
- Driving with a suspended license
- Driving under the influence
- Exhibition of Power
- Failure to Yield
- Failure to appear in court
- Failure to control speed
- Following too closely
- Goodsprings Justice Court Traffic Tickets
- Henderson Traffic Tickets
- Laughlin Justice Court Traffic Tickets
- Las Vegas Justice Court Traffic Tickets
- Las Vegas Municipal Court Traffic Tickets
- Las Vegas speeding ticket
- Metro Police Traffic Tickets
- Minor in possession of alcohol
- Moving violations
- Nevada Highway Patrol / NHP
- North Las Vegas Traffic Tickets
- North Las Vegas Justice Court Traffic Tickets
- North Las Vegas Municipal Court Traffic Tickets
- No child safety seat
- No liability insurance
- No Proof Of Insurance
- No Registration
- No seat belt
- No U-turn
- Obey traffic control devices
- Open container of alcohol
- Passing stopped school bus
- Racing (exhibition of speed)
- Reckless driving
- Talking on Cell Phone
- Texting While Driving
- Tinted windows
- Traffic accident
- Traffic citation
- Traffic violations
- Traffic Warrant
- Unpaid traffic tickets
- Vehicle inspection violations
- Warrant issue for arrest