Click edit button to change this text.
NRS 484B.210 When overtaking on right side allowed; additional penalty for violation committed in work zone or pedestrian safety zone.
1. The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass upon the right of another vehicle only under the following conditions:
(a) When the driver of the vehicle overtaken is making or signaling to make a left turn.
(b) Upon a highway with unobstructed pavement which is not occupied by parked vehicles and which is of sufficient width for two or more lines of moving vehicles in each direction.
(c) Upon a highway with unobstructed pavement which is not marked as a traffic lane and which is not occupied by parked vehicles, if the vehicle that is overtaking and passing another vehicle:
(1) Does not travel more than 200 feet in the section of pavement not marked as a traffic lane; or
(2) While being driven in the section of pavement not marked as a traffic lane, does not travel through an intersection or past any private way that is used to enter or exit the highway.
(d) Upon any highway on which traffic is restricted to one direction of movement, where the highway is free from obstructions and of sufficient width for two or more lines of moving vehicles.
2. The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass another vehicle upon the right only under conditions permitting such movement in safety.
3. The driver of a vehicle shall not overtake and pass another vehicle upon the right when such movement requires driving off the paved portion of the highway.
4. A person who violates any provision of this section may be subject to any additional penalty set forth in NRS 484B.130 or 484B.135.
(Added to NRS by 1969, 1499; A 2003, 3239; 2009, 153; 2015, 1564) — (Substituted in revision for NRS 484.297)