Click edit button to change this text.
NRS 482.545 Certain unlawful acts. It is unlawful for any person to commit any of the following acts:
1. To operate, or for the owner thereof knowingly to permit the operation of, upon a highway any motor vehicle, trailer or semitrailer which is not registered or which does not have attached thereto and displayed thereon the number of plate or plates assigned thereto by the Department for the current period of registration or calendar year, subject to the exemption allowed in NRS 482.316 to 482.3175, inclusive, 482.320 to 482.363, inclusive, 482.385 to 482.3965, inclusive, and 482.420.
2. To display, cause or permit to be displayed or to have in possession any certificate of registration, license plate, certificate of title, temporary placard, movement permit or other document of title knowing it to be fictitious or to have been cancelled, revoked, suspended or altered.
3. To lend to, or knowingly permit the use of by, one not entitled thereto any registration card, plate, temporary placard or movement permit issued to the person so lending or permitting the use thereof.
4. To fail or to refuse to surrender to the Department, upon demand, any registration card or plate which has been suspended, cancelled or revoked as provided in this chapter.
5. To use a false or fictitious name or address in any application for the registration of any vehicle or for any renewal or duplicate thereof, or knowingly to make a false statement or knowingly to conceal a material fact or otherwise commit a fraud in an application. A violation of this subsection is a gross misdemeanor.
6. Knowingly to operate a vehicle which:
(a) Has an identification number or mark which has been falsely attached, removed, defaced, altered or obliterated; or
(b) Contains a part which has an identification number or mark which has been falsely attached, removed, defaced, altered or obliterated.
[24:202:1931; 1931 NCL § 4435.23] — (NRS A 1969, 688; 1975, 55, 281, 1090; 1985, 301, 898; 1987, 2080; 1989, 173; 1993, 156; 1995, 1046; 1999, 2057; 2003, 467; 2007, 2363, 3221)